Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School facilitates the GIA Polished Diamond Grading Lab courses which are presented by professional instructors from the Gemmological Institute of America.
• Required for: GG, Graduate Diamonds Diplomas
• Through a unique combination of hands-on training, one-on-one coaching, and multimedia.
• The Diamond Grading lab class explores how to grade diamonds consistently and accurately using a modern gem microscope and a jeweller’s loupe.
• Students study GIA’s International Diamond Grading System™, explore time-saving shortcuts to determine a variety of grading factors, and are introduced to methods for reading a GIA Diamond Grading Report.
• You will spend more than 16 hours practicing grading techniques on diamonds that were carefully selected and graded by GIA. In the process, you will study how to recognize the most common diamond features.
• Students must pass a two-stone practical exam to complete the class successfully. Once you have completed the class, you can keep a lab manual, a pointer probe, a gem cloth, a plotting pen set, a table gauge, a crown angle card, and a colour grading card.
• Diamond Grading Lab ( 5 Days ) 14 Augus 2017t to 18 August 2017
• 5 Full Days
• Monday to Friday
• 08:00 - 16:00
R 26 600.00 incl VAT
On successful completion, and all criteria are met, you will receive a letter of completion from GIA.
• Application must be made in advance as only a limited number of seats are available per class. • Identification book or passport is required to enter the Diamond Centre.
• Only a limited number of candidates can be accommodated a registration deposit of 50% is payable to secure the candidates place.
• Full course fees to be paid in full before the class commencement.
• Fees are non-refundable after the commencement date.
• Candidate must arrange their own transport and accommodation.
• HODTS cannot be held responsible for time lost due to power failures
Cancellation must be done in writing 5 working days prior to the start date of the course. If not Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School will charge for the full course.