<--! COOKIES -->
GIA Coloured Stone Grading Lab
Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School facilitates the GIA Coloured Stone Grading Lab Course which are presented by professional instructors from the Gemmological Institute of America.
- Required for: GG, Graduate Coloured Stones Diplomas
- Through extensive hands-on practice using gemstones, you will explore grading the colour, clarity, and cut quality of a wide range of coloured stones.
- Coursework includes the study of the GIA Coloured Stone Grading System;
- How to describe colour by hue, tone, and saturation;
- How to judge gem quality factors.
- Topics also include the relationship between light and colour and developing colour memory.
- Study of this content can improve the consistency and accuracy of coloured stone grading skills.
- Once you have completed the class, you can keep a lab manual, a gem cloth, and a colour grading card.
- Colour Stone Grading Lab
- Dates will be confirmed
- 3 Full Days
- 08:00 - 16:00
What will it Cost me?
What will I get?
On successful completion, and all criteria are met, you will receive a letter of completion from GIA.
Important information that I need to know?
- Application must be made in advance as only a limited number of seats are available per class.
- Identification book or passport is required to enter the Diamond Centre.
- Only a limited number of candidates can be accommodated a registration deposit of 50% is payable to secure the candidates place.
- Full course fees to be paid in full before the class commencement.
- Fees are non-refundable after the commencement date.
- Candidate must arrange their own transport and accommodation.
- HODTS cannot be held responsible for time lost due to power failures
Cancellation must be done in writing 5 working days prior to the start date of the course. If not Harry Oppenheimer Diamond Training School will charge for the full course.
Contact us for dates